Annual Boiler Servicing
We recommend that every boiler is serviced once a year.
Annual boiler servicing is an important part of boiler and heating system maintenance. It's more than just a safety check - boiler servicing will check the condition and performance of your appliance to ensure it's operating at peak performance, as well as making sure any seals, gaskets or the heat exchanger aren't showing any signs of wear and tear. Your Greenstar engineer will also check that other parts of your heating system - such as your flue - is operating correctly and safely.
During a boiler service, our gas engineers will check:
- Correct gas pressure and flow
- Flue and combustion. A flue gas analyser (where appropriate) will be used to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air.
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
- Fans and other key components are working efficiently
- Seals are intact
- Electrodes are in a good condition
- Safety devices are checked
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked
Our engineer will also check if you have a carbon monoxide detector; if you don’t we carry them on our vans and would be able to fit one while we are there.